Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Can I have a do over?

My sister in law Racheal and I went to Orlando this Sunday to check out Ikea and had a really fun time. I had never been and let me tell you I was a little overwhelmed but amazed. Those Sweedes really know a thing or two. While we were making the trip I decided to go ahead and get the babys furniture. Since Daddys "mancave" is now complete and we can put guests up there. Even though I didnt get home until 8:45 and it took my darling husband until midnight, we got Junes room all set up. So I know I'm a little late for Kelly's Friday but heres a redo. The crib breaks down into a toddler bed, the dresser will double as a changing table and I added my own little touch by linning the frosted drawer fronts with pink paper.













In other less cheerfull news we have had to find a new home for Lola. I know, I know, I was a wreck about this. There was an incident a few weeks ago when she snapped at Logan and drew blood, I cosidered it then but decided to overlook it mostly because it was Logans fault, but it had started happening on an almost daily basis along with some other aggresive behavior. Most of the cases she has reared or snapped at them has been their fault, either sneaking up on her while she is sleeping or stepping/standing/hitting her, they are just too rough for her and despite many many different dicipline techniques(for the boys) it didnt stop. I dont blame her for defending herself but obviously as a Mom I had to make the very difficult decision that maybe she and the kids would be better of without the other. We have had alot of tears and we are going to miss her dearly, but I am really glad that we found her a great home with a good friend of ours Ricardo, he is a contractor and dosnt work long hours, and he is a single father of an older boy who is there part time. He's always loved Lola and was thrilled when we asked him if he would like her. So although I am welling up as I type I know its for the best, and I am so thankfull for the awesome five years we had with her, she's a great dog and brought us so much joy and laughter, will miss you Lolabear.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry you had to find Lola a new home.:( Y'all want a puppy for Christmas? ;) June's room is fabulous. The furniture is great. Man, I would love to go to IKEA!

    ReplyDelete